So we’re halfway through February and I don’t know about you all but it’s usually around this time of year when I start to sway from my resolutions and fall back into old habits. So this year I’ve decided to approach my resolutions differently. Rather than giving myself one big resolution that I want to last throughout the entire year I have begun introducing simple changes that I can make to my daily life.
Often times I notice people falling into this trap of waiting until the new year to begin a new resolution, they find excuses for their old habits and convince themselves to just wait for the new year to start over.
Here’s some good news – you don’t have to do that this year!
I have come up with 10 resolutions that you can start RIGHT NOW.
These resolutions are simple ways you can improve your health, your mindset, your productivity, etc. and you don’t have to wait until January 1 to get started.
1. Stop sweating the small stuff.
2. Go for a walk everyday.
3. Start incorporating a morning routine every day of the week.
4. Write in a journal for at least 5 minutes a day.
5. Devote 1 hour each day to completely guilt free relaxation.
6. Stop drinking caffeine (my biggest vice).
7. Write a letter to a loved one once a week.
8. Do something kind for someone else once a month, and do it anonymously, without wanting acknowledgement or something in return.
9. Save 10% or more of your income.
10. Drink 64-100 ounces of water a day.
All of these are simple changes that you can make in your life that will leave a much bigger impact than you could ever realize.
How are you staying motivated with your resolutions? Let us know in the comments below!