These cookies, straight from Miss Marzipan‘s kitchen, are exactly what the doctor ordered! Your kids will be head over heels in love with these delicious (and healthy!) treats. They make the perfect after school snack, after dinner dessert, or late night craving. Once you try them you’ll be begging for more!
1/2 tsp fennel seeds, ground with mortar & pestle
1 tsp cinnamon
250 ml buckwheat flour
1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
1/2 tsp baking soda
A tiny pinch of salt
125 ml gluten-free oats
90 ml desiccated coconut
90 ml almond flour
35 ml almond butter
90 ml coconut oil, melted
50 ml rice malt/maple syrup (OR 2 extra tbsp almond butter)
1 organic, free range egg (OR 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 2.5 tbsp cold water)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 tbsp almond milk*
150 ml chopped dairy-free dark chocolate (I used 90%)
- -Preheat oven to 190°C (or 180°C fan).
- -In a medium mixing bowl, mix coconut oil, rice malt syrup, almond butter, egg/corn starch egg, almond milk and vanilla extract.
- -In a separate bowl, mix the flours, oats, coconut, ground flaxseeds & fennel seeds, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- -Combine the dry mixture with the wet mixture. Add a little extra almond milk if necessary to bring dough together.
- -Gently stir in chopped chocolate.
- -Scoop 12 tablespoons full of the dough onto a baking parchment-lined tray and pat into cookie forms, spacing the cookies out evenly. Repeat process with second tray.
- -Bake each tray of cookies for 8-10 minutes.